Check out this update from last years Experimenter of the year Mike Patey, and check out that engine mount!!
We are calling the airplane Turbulence, (Turbine-Lancair)
- Firewall modifications not only larger diameter and height but the new 6" deep starter/generator area is now done.
- We also modified the rudder pedals for the insert to fit.. Turned out great inside and out.
- The wings also are now complete with 5 extra carbon bids down to 3 bids at the tips for the new stronger wings.
- New fuel tanks are complete sealed and plumbed. Filler necks and transfer systems are also complete.
- New fuel probes are set and modified for the new tank system.
- One of my favorite mods. A spill proof environmental friendly fuel venting and transfer system. They are no longer venting at the tip but now on the belly after passing through a fuel overflow expansion tank.
- There is a plumbing system that now uses a unique shape and expansion area for the fuel when it gets hot on the ramp.. No longer will you be parked on a sloped ramp and begin dripping fuel out of the low wing.
- I have added a way for when I top off all the 3 tanks on a cold night . When the sun comes out and expands the fuel, it now vents into the expansion area not on the ramp. I have also developed a new lighting system with ZERO drag.
- No longer will I have cracked light lenses from someone over tightening the screws, nor drag tape holding the lenses on.
- I will send pictures of that development and the Wingtips as I get near completion soon.